You are committing a costly faux pas if you:
* Neglect to think about language translation, website localization
and web consulting services before marketing your product overseas;
* Are unwilling to delegate translation responsibilities to an
expert who has a good understanding of the idiosyncrasies of that
particular ethnic group and a keen sensitivity to the cultural
nuances embedded in its language.
Beware of the pitfalls!
Bad (i.e. straight) translation in advertising overlooks critical
cultural nuances. It often turns off prospective customers whom you
intended to attract. Remember the fiasco of "Nova" in the
Spanish-speaking countries? (It literally means something that does
not work. A white elephant, sort of thing). In a nutshell, when it
comes to cross-cultural marketing, you can NEVER call a spade a
spade, so to speak.
That is where we, as translation professionals, fit in.
- In sharing your global vision,
- we pride ourselves on having found our niche
- in promoting business and serving the global economy.
Find us on Linked
Copyright� Wilson Translation Inc. All rights
reserved. Patent Pending.